028.38225933 (Hotline) - 028 3822 1188 (FM 95.6) - 028 38291 357
icon-radio-fm-999-mhz
logo-voh-radio-online
Điện thoại: 028.38225933 - 028.38225934
Đường dây nóng bạn nghe đài: 028.3891 357 - 0948747571

23 thường dân thiệt mạng trong một vụ không kích của Mỹ tại miền Nam Afghanistan

(VOH) – Ít nhất 23 dân thường bao gồm phụ nữ và trẻ em đã thiệt mạng trong một vụ không kích của Mỹ tại miền Nam Afghanistan hồi đầu tuần này, theo điều tra của Liên Hiệp Quốc.

Theo lời đặc phái viên của Liên Hiệp Quốc tại Afghanistan cho AFP biết ngoài các nạn nhân thiệt mạng là phụ nữ và trẻ em ra còn có ít nhất 3 người khác bị thương trong vụ tập kích.

23 thường dân thiệt mạng trong một vụ không kích của Mỹ tại miền Nam Afghanistan

Xung đột tại Afghanistan đã kéo dài 17 năm. Ảnh: AFP

Cuộc không kích này diễn ra trong đợt giao tranh giữa lực lượng đặc biệt của Afghanistan với sự hỗ trợ của Mỹ và quân nổi dậy Taliban bắt đầu từ tối 27/11 tại tỉnh Helmand.

NATO nói thêm lực lượng không quân đã nhận được yêu cầu từ lực lượng an ninh mặt đất khi quân Taliban triển khai vũ khí hạng nặng và rút lui vào căn cứ gần đó.

Chính quyền tỉnh ban đầu cho biết có ít nhất 18 thường dân thiệt mạng. NATO hiện đang điều tra về vụ việc.

Trong một báo cáo mới nhất, Liên Hiệp Quốc cho biết dân thường Afghanistan tiếp tục đối mặt với nguy hiểm tăng cao khi đã có 8.050 người chết và bị thương tính từ tháng 1 đến tháng 9 năm nay.

Bạo lực đã bắt đầu leo thang từ năm ngoái khi liên quân Mỹ - Afghanistan thúc đẩy triển khai nhiều đợt không kích và tập kích nhằm vào Taliban và phiến quân IS.

Phiến quân Taliban cũng đã tập kích đáp trả lại lực lượng Afghanistan bất chấp Mỹ gia tăng nỗ lực buộc quân nổi dậy thực hiện đàm phán hòa bình.

Mỹ đang tìm đường lui cho cuộc xung đột kéo dài 17 năm này với hy vọng sẽ có một thỏa thuận hòa bình với Taliban trước khi bước vào kỳ bầu cử Tổng thống Afghanistan, dự kiến diễn ra tháng 4 hoặc tháng 7/2019.

Trong tháng 10 và 11/2018, Taliban đã cử một phái đoàn đến gặp đặc phái viên của Mỹ Zalmay Khalilzad để bàn về việc chấm dứt xung đột tại Afghanistan.

 

23 civilians killed in US air strike in southern Afghanistan: UN

(AFP) - At least 23 civilians, including women and children, were killed by a US air strike in southern Afghanistan earlier this week, according to an UN investigation, as ordinary Afghans continue to bear the brunt of the 17-year conflict.

“Initial findings indicate that the vast majority of the victims were women and children," the UN mission in Afghanistan said in a report received by AFP late Thursday, adding that at least three people were also injured in the attack.

The strike occurred during a firefight between Afghan special forces working with US advisors and Taliban insurgents late Tuesday in restive Helmand province.

NATO said air support was requested by security forces on the ground as the militants deployed heavy weapons and retreated into a nearby compound.

Provincial authorities had earlier said several members of a single family appeared to be killed in the strike, with one official saying "at least 18 civilians were killed", which could not be confirmed.

NATO has said it was investigating the incident.

Haji Mohammad, who lived near where the incident occurred, said the strike came after the Taliban entered a home during a battle with security forces, saying it killed several civilians inside along with nine insurgents.

Civilians continue to face "extreme levels of harm", a recent UN report said, with 8,050 people killed or wounded in the January to September period this year.

Violence has escalated in the past year as US and Afghan forces press ground and air offensives against Taliban and IS insurgents.

The Taliban has also upped assaults on Afghan forces even as the United States increased efforts to engage the militants in peace talks.

Washington is trying to find a way out of the conflict more than 17 years since it began.

US envoy Zalmay Khalilzad is spearheading efforts to strike a peace deal with the Taliban before Afghanistan's presidential election, scheduled for April next year though officials have said it could be postponed until July.

A Taliban delegation met with Khalilzad in Doha in October and November to discuss ending the Afghan conflict. Khalilzad has said he is "cautiously optimistic" for an end to the conflict.