5 dạng thức nhấn mạnh thường được sử dụng trong cấu trúc câu tiếng Anh
- Các hình thức nhấn mạnh trong tiếng Anh - Emphasis
- Một số bài tập ứng dụng hình thức nhấn mạnh
1. Các hình thức nhấn mạnh trong tiếng Anh - Emphasis
1.1 Nhấn mạnh động từ (Emphasize verbs)
Cấu trúc: Do/Does/Did + V (bare- inf)
Ex1: My friends called me last night.
→ My friends did call me last night (Tối qua bạn tôi đã gọi điện cho tôi)
Ex2: She loves you.
→ She does love you. (Cô ấy rất yêu bạn)
Ex3: They believe you.
→ They do believe you. (Họ rất tin tưởng bạn)
1.2 Nhấn mạnh tính từ (Emphasize adjectives)
Cấu trúc: It is/was + adj + to - inf
Ex1: Studying English is easy.
→ It is easy to study English (Học Tiếng Anh thật là khó)
Ex2: They thought that getting a visa was difficult.
→ They thought that it was difficult to get a visa (Họ nghĩ rằng thật khó để xin hộ chiếu)
1.3 Nhấn mạnh danh từ - đại từ (Emphasize nouns, pronouns)
Chúng ta dùng các đại từ phản thân (Reflexive pronouns) như myself, yourself, herself, himself…để nhấn mạnh cho danh từ hoặc đại từ. Đại từ nhấn mạnh thường đứng sau từ được nhấn mạnh hoặc ở cuối câu.
Ex1: The lecture itself is interesting, but it is rather long.
(Bài giảng thì hay nhưng nó hơi dài.)
Ex2: I myself do the homework.
(Tôi tự làm bài tập về nhà.)
Ex3: His brother painted all these portrays himself.
(Anh trai của cậu ấy đã tự vẽ những bức chân dung này.)
Lưu ý: Chúng ta cũng có thể dùng những cụm từ như:
- What…is/was…( nhấn mạnh danh từ chỉ sự việc hoặc sự vật)
- The person who…is/was…(nhấn mạnh danh từ chỉ người)
- The place where, the day when ,the reason why….is/ was…nhấn mạnh danh từ chỉ nơi chốn, thời gian, lý do.
- It is/was….. (stressed words) …+ that/ who + S + V
Ex1: She needs a good car.
→ What she needs is a good car. (Cái cô ấy cần là một chiếc xe hơi tốt.)
Ex2: The day when he left was on my birthday. (Ngày anh ấy ra đi là ngày sinh nhật của tôi.)
Ex3: The reason why my sister went to Ha Noi was to see her husband. (Lý do chị tôi đến Hà Nội là để gặp chồng chị ấy.)
- I love you- It is you that I love. (Người anh yêu chính là em.)
- John paid for the drinks- It was John who paid for the drinks. (Chính John đã trả tiền nước.)
- Brazil won the World Cup in 2002 - It was Brazil that won the World Cup in 2002.
(Chính Brazil đã đoạt cúp thế giới vào năm 2002)
1.4 Nhấn mạnh trạng từ (Emphasize adverbs)
Cấu trúc: Adv + đảo ngữ
Ex1: They knew very little what was waiting for them.
→ Little did they know what was waiting for them.
(Họ hầu như không biết gì về những điều sắp xảy ra với họ.)
Ex2: She rarely writes to me.
→ Rarely does she write to me. (Cô ấy hiếm khi viết thư cho tôi.)
Ex3: He not only turned up late, but he also forgot her ticket.
→ Not only did she turn up late, but she also forgot her ticket.
(Anh ấy không chỉ đến trễ mà còn quên cả vé.)
Ex4: I have never heard such nonsense!
→ Never have I heard such nonsense.(Tôi chưa bao giờ nghe một điều vô nghĩa như thế)
1.5 Nhấn mạnh trong câu mệnh lệnh (Emphasize in commands)
- Cấu trúc: Affirmative commands (mệnh lệnh khẳng định): Do + verb (bare-inf)
Ex1: look at me, please. - Do look at me, please.( Hãy nhìn tôi.)
Ex2: keep silent,please. - Do keep silent, please. (Hãy giữ im lặng)
- Cấu trúc: Negative commands (mệnh lệnh phủ định): Don't you + V (bare-inf)
Ex3: Don’t smoke here.- Don’t you smoke here.(Đừng hút thuốc ở đây
Ex4: Don’t make noise. - Don’t you make noise.(đừng làm ồn)
2. Một số bài tập ứng dụng hình thức nhấn mạnh
Bài 1: Write sentences with it and adjective followed by a to- infinitive.
- Making such a fuss was silly.
- Don’t play on the ladders. It isn’t safe.
- Try the ultimate computer experience. Are you ready?
- Exploring the world is absolutely fascinating.
- You can run any kind of software. It is easy.
- Understanding the handbook isn’t difficult.
- Using a computer is very simple.
- Buy a Compex computer. It isn’t expensive.
Bài 2: Rewrite the sentences with an emphasis on the bolded words.
- We need pilots, not ground staff.
- Prices will go up. This is certain.
- To be early is better.
- We ordered wine. We didn’t order beer.
- Bad roads don’t cause accidents. Speed does.
- Teasing animals is cruel.
- Mastering a second language takes time and practice.
- Help me solve these problem.
- I enjoy travelling.
- I did my English test very well.
- Don’t make too much noise.
- Visit us again some time.
- Mrs Johns spends too much time making up.
- Remember to lock the door before you leave.
- I am wrong.
- I remembered her name after she had gone.
- She first heard the news from Francis.
- Income tax will be reduced. This is unlikely.
- The countryside is the most beautiful in the Fall.
- I think that taking up Yoga is not a good idea.
- England won the World Cup in 1966.
- He was kind to help me.
- I am eating chocolate cake.
- Don’t let me wait so long.
- Mike’s uncle died on Thursday.
Bài 1: Write sentences with it and an adjective followed by a to-infinitive.
- It was silly to make such a fuss.
- It is not safe to play on the ladders.
- Are you ready to try the ultimate computer experience?
- It is absolutely fascinating to explore the world .
- It is easy to run any kind of software.
- It is difficult to understand the handbook.
- It is very simple to use a computer.
Bài 2: Rewrite the sentences with an emphasis on the underlined words.
- It is the pilots,not ground staff that we need.
- It is certain that prices will go up.
- It is better to be early.
- We ordered wine itself. We didn’t order beer.
- Bad roads don’t cause accidents. Speed itself does.
- It is cruel to tease animals.
- It takes time and practice to master a second language.
- Do help me solve this problem.
- I do enjoy travelling.
- I did do my English test very well.
- Don’t you make too much noise.
- Do visit us again some time.
- It takes Mrs Jones too much time to make up.
- Do remember to lock the door before you leave.
- I myself am wrong.
- It was after she had gone that I remembered her name.
- It was from Francis that she first heard the news.
- It was unlikely that income tax will be reduce.
- It is in the Fall that the countryside is the most beautiful.
- I think It is not a good idea to take up Yoga.
- It was England that won the World Cup in 1966.
- It was kind of you to help me.
- It is chocolate cake that I’m eating/ What I am eating is chocolate cake.
- Don’t you let me wait so long.
- It was on Thursday that Mike’s uncle died/ The day when Mike’s uncle died was Thursday.
Người biên soạn:
Giáo viên Võ Thị Gia Tường
Trường THCS - THPT Nguyễn Khuyến